Job Title :
Associate Experience Designer
Job ID :
Information Technology Group
Boston, MA US
Job Type :
Posted On :
Job Description :
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Are you excited about designing best in class digital experiences? Would you like to be part of our new design team? Last year we decided to get serious about improving our digital customer experience, and as a result, we decided to centralize the Experience Design function for the organization. We are in the process of building out these teams and we need a designer who can be part of our growing team in an agile environment. If you would like to be part of a team that will help deliver business value and drive awareness of design within the organization, we would like to talk to you.
We are seeking an Associate Experience Designer who has embraced Lean UX, Agile methodologies, and can speak coherently and convincingly about the value and challenges of human centric design. We expect you to possess and demonstrate strong design skills and a real passion for pushing good to great. You will be a champion for the best interests of users, conduct research, and facilitate usability workshops. We'll want you to have an understanding and appreciation of usability concerns, best practices, and the intertwined nature of design and implementation.
You will play a key role in:
* Collaborating with customers, business partners, and engineering teams across multiple business units and external networks to explore customer needs
* Developing a complete understanding of customer needs and wants and keeping customers at the forefront of every decision
* Collaborating with other design teams within the organization to establish a community, share knowledge, and cross-pollinate ideas
* Adopting and employing both current and emerging UI standard methodologies and digital standards in all design deliverables
* Designing forward thinking digital experiences
* Storyboarding complex interactions
* Prototyping workflows from beginning to end at multiple fidelities
* Build consistent Web and mobile experiences by using design systems
* Communicating and articulating design rationales
* Collaborating with the team and partners to deliver great product
* Adapting to an ever-changing environment and learning new skills to succeed
Requirements for this position are as follows:
* You have a degree in design or equivalent work experience
* You are well versed in human-centered design methods and techniques
* You possess the ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a time sensitive environment
* You have ability to lead design thinking activities as well as execute UX/UI designs for products
* You have excellent visual design skills including experience using the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision
* You can present an online portfolio to demonstrate design work
Nice to haves:
* Experience with Adobe AEM, Axure and/or similar
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Apply Now >>
Link for schema
Interested in a different opportunity?
Stay connected. Learn about upcoming opportunities with Manulife / John Hancock.
Join Talent Community
Share this job
Associated topics: associate director, chief investment officer, controller, director finance, general manager, general operations manager, president, president finance, recruit, staff